Prosthodontist. Prosthodontics, also known as dental prosthetics or prosthetic dentistry, is one of nine dental specialties recognized by the American Dental Association, Royal College of Dentists of Canada, and Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons. Prosthodontics is the dental specialty pertaining to the diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation and maintenance of the oral function, comfort, appearance and health of patients with clinical conditions associated with missing or deficient teeth and/or oral and maxillofacial tissues using biocompatible substitutes.
According to the American College of Prosthodontists, a prosthodontist is a dentist who:
- Specializes in the esthetic (cosmetic) restoration and replacement of teeth.
- Receives three to four years of additional training after dental school.
- Restores optimum appearance and function to your smile. The treatment planning and restoration of implants, temporomandibular joint disorder, and rehabilitation of occlusion with prostheses all fall under the field of prosthodontics.
- 1996 – 1999
- University Veritas San Jose, Costa Rica Doctor in Dental
- Medicine Academic
- Position: 1st place.
- Post Grade 2000-2003
- Boston University Boston, USA
- CAGS in Prosthodontics
- January to June 2000
- Hospital Clínica Bíblica San José, Costa Rica Full Time general Dentistry.
- June 2003- May 2004
- B.U. Dental Health Centre at 930 commonwealth Ave. Boston, Ma. Restorative Dentist, Clinical
- Instructor of Restorative Sciences/ Biomaterials.
- September 2003-May 2004
- Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine. Teaching in the pre-doctoral program in the clinic, Clinical Instructor Department of General Dentistry
- September 2004
- Private Practice, Restorative Dentist. Clinical Director, Instituto Flikier de Rehabilitación Oral San José Costa Rica
- January 2005
- ULACIT School of Health Sciences Teaching in the pre-doctoral program in the clinic, Clinical instructor Department of Prosthodontics.
- Utilización del dique de hule en Costa Rica. (utilization of dental dam in Costa Rica) Academia costarricense de congreso odontológico 1999.
- Case Study presentation, E-learning BU Dental Continuing education web page 2002
- Member of the national Dentist association San Jose Costa Rica. (Registered as Specialist in Prosthodontics)
- Member of the American College of Prosthodontics
- Member Costa Rica s Prosthodontist association
- Associate Fellowship World Clinical Laser Institute.
Table clinic presentations
- Northeastern American college of prosthodontists, Boston Ma, 2002.
- American college of prosthodontists, Orlando Fl, 2002.
- Academy of fixed prosthodontics, Chicago Il, 2003.
- Boston University Medical Health Centre, Boston Ma, 2004.
- Advanced Materials MDC, Manufacturera dental continental, S. A. de C. V.
- Actualization Seminar Oral Surgery, Colegio de Cirujanos Dentistas de Costa Rica, May 26, 27 and 28, 1999.
- X Dental Baylor Week Congress, UCR. August 2 to 6, 1999.
- Actualization Seminar in Endodontics, Colegio de Cirujanos Dentistas de Costa Rica, August 22, 26 and 27, 1999.
- Dental Implants and latest advances in Prosthodontics. U Latina, March 21, 2000.
- XV Scientific Dental Meeting, A.C.C.O, May 24 to 27, 2000.
- Tenth Annual International Symposium on Implantology. Sulzer Medica, May 14 to 19, 2001.
- Tenth Annual International Symposium on Implantology. Boston University, May 17 to 19, 2001.
- Lecture/Hands-On Workshop on the 3i System, 3i, May 16, 2001.
- Sensible Implant Dentistry, Bicon, May 15, 2001.
- Fifty First Annual Scientific Session, The American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics. February 22 – 23, 2002.
- Diagnosis and Management of TMJ syndrome, Boston University, March 22 2002.
- Henry M. Goldman Symposium: The Future of Dental Medicine, September 21 and 22, 2002.
- Electric Toothbrush Forum, Boston University, October 26, 2002.
- Implant Surgical Training Session, Centerpulse, November 6, 2002.
- Surgical and Prosthetic Aspects of the 3i Implant System. 3i, May 13, 2002.
- 85th Annual Scientific Session. The Academy of Prosthodontics. May 1 to 5, 2003.
- Backward Planning- The Key Issue for a Successful Perio-Implant Prosthetic Rehabilitation, Boston University, March 3, 2003.
- Friadent Implant System Hands-On, Dentsply, May 13, 2003.
- Twelfth Annual International Symposium on Implantology. Boston University. May 12 to 17, 2003.
- 12th Annual International Symposium on Implantology, Centerpulse. May 14, 2003.
- Introduction to the camlog Surgical System: Surgical and Restorative. CAMLOG. May14, 2003.
- General Dentistry and Geriatric Dentistry: Boston University. June 20, 2003.
- World Clinical Laser Institute, Orlando September, 2004.